Wednesday, February 18, 2015

But It's a Blizzard outside!

This morning around 4 am I awoke to the wind howling and the windows rattling.  This was after a day of shoveling snow and clearing walkways to make my shop accessible.  I got up and looked outside at the blizzard conditions, the flag standing out straight in the wind, and the powdery snow blowing into drifts all around the house!

I thought about the conditions outside and worried about the roads and needing to get groceries and things I need to do today which I couldn't see happening in these conditions.  I woke Roy up and asked him how he could just sleep with the world going crazy outside!  He replied "confidence".

Well, what does that mean, I asked?  He said that whatever comes along we can handle it.  Worrying about it won't change anything.  We don't know what might happen, but whatever it is we will figure out what to do and take care of it.

Those words sounded vaguely familiar to me - something like words I have said before!  Oh, it's hard to put those words in practice without a reminder every now and then.  So I thought, ok, I'll just turn my worries over to God and go back to sleep as I will surely need my rest going into this day.

Now I'm awake and everything has settled down outside.  The temps are to drop below zero tonight, but, you know what?  I can't do anything about that.  Every day is a gift.....I will try to protect my water pipes from freezing, stay inside as much as I can, check on Mother, and enjoy this day with confidence that God is watching over us.  What troubles and concerns are you facing today?  Be assured that God is right there beside you and lifting you up and giving you the strength you need whatever comes your way.

I now have a new facebook page filled with messages of inspiration and encouragement gleaned from every day occurrences.  Please follow me there at www.facebook.com/everydayisagiftfromgod

No comments: