Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sadie Sunshine Lace Stripe Prayer Shawl (Knit Pattern)

Sweet Sadie Caroline on one of our many shopping excursions!
While I'm not quite finished with this shawl, the design is complete.  Again, as I am teaching myself to knit, I am designing this prayer shawl in memory of my sweet granddaughter, Sadie, who we lost to cancer at the age of 17 months on December 21, 2012.

I

This design may be used for your local prayer shawl group or made to mail to us at Sadie Sunshine Chapter of Crochet for Cancer, PO Box 1624, Henderson, KY 42419.  Please see our Facebook page for complete information and to follow this ministry.  www.facebook.com/sadiesunshinechapter  Please make use of this pattern to give with love, and not to sell.



I have used worsted weight yarn with a size 10 circular needle for this project.  I am estimating around 800 yards to complete.  For charity purposes, I use Red Heart Super Saver yarn and find it to be of good quality and soft.

Cast on a multiple of 3 stitches (I did 72 stitches)

The first four rows are knit, resulting in a garter stitch beginning border.

The Lace Stripe section is done by repeating the following pattern for 20 rows:
K3, (yo, k2tog, k1) repeat () to end

The Garter Stitch section is done by knitting 20 rows.

Always check when you begin a section that you are working on the front of the shawl.

The shawl should measure approximately 65" in length.  When you approach the desired length, the final section should be a Lace Stripe section.

After you complete this last Lace Stripe section, continue with four rows knit stitch resulting in  a garter stitch border and then bind off.

If you desire, single crochet all around the edge twice with three single crochets in each corner.

Enjoy and God bless each of you as you knit this pattern!




No comments: