Friday, February 13, 2015

Put That in the God Knows Best Pile

I was chatting with my daughter the other day, and we were discussing life in general and how to get through the tough times and tough days. She said something profound about things we have no control over - it went something like this - I just put that over there in the pile of God knows best things.  Basically, turn that problem over to God, and try to get on with living.

Honestly, I wonder how much time we spend being worried about and feeling responsible for things that we do not have control over and things that we cannot change.  I have found that in times of trouble, the first thing I have to do is get my mind wrapped around what just happened, and then learn to accept, and then begin to move forward again with my life - not as if nothing happened because some things change us forever - but to live the life we have in the best, most fulfilling way possible.  We just have to play the game with the cards we are dealt and always be grateful for what we do have and give our best effort every single day.

Every day is a gift.....if you are going through something you do have control over, try to do what you can to correct things....if it is something you have no control over, then wrap your mind around the new normal and live every single day in the best way you can.  Never give up...there is always sunshine to be found.

I now have a facebook page where I share thoughts of inspiration and encouragement daily gleaned from every day occurrences.  Please follow me there atwww.facebook.com/everydayisagiftfromgod

No comments: