Friday, July 29, 2011

Memories Recycled

When I had my shop in Florida called Simple Country Pleasures, it was a craft shop where I sold handcrafted items and I gradually added antiques.  Many customers who came in began to tell me that the items they saw in the store brought back "Memories" of their childhood and their grandparents' homes.  Some even came to tears telling me stories about their "memories".

I decided at that time that if I ever opened a different store it would incorporate "Memories" in the name.  When I moved back to my hometown of Henderson, Kentucky, I opened an antique and gift shop called Memories Past and Present.  Such a good choice because it describes exactly what I do - give old items a new life in the present.  I call myself a matchmaker, as I find a new home for treasures from the past.

Do you have treasures from the past that you would like to find a new home for?  Bring them to me, tell me the story about them, and I will find the perfect match!  Share some stories about "memories" that you have encountered when visiting Memories Past and Present!

No comments: